Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hump Day Hot List

Hey There!

Welcome to what I anticipate being one of my favorite weekly posts: Hump Day Hot List! This is the post to check out what I am most obsessed with or things that are making this week just a little bit better.


One// Lauren Conrad LC for Kohls: The Cinderella Collection

I am OBSESSED with this collection. The floral prints and ladylike feel to every piece in this collection is just beyond perfect. I am so happy it is finally getting warm enough for me to bust these pieces out in Milwaukee. The two pieces she is modeling in the photo are two of my absolute favorites! Check out her entire Cinderella collection here and let me know if you are just as obsessed with it as I am! Once again, Lauren proves she can do no wrong in my book.

Picture taken from LaurenConrad.com Pinterest page.

Two// The Wisconsin Badgers Men's Basketball Team

First of all, I am always obsessed with anything Wisconsin Badgers. Some people have told me that my love for the Badgers will subside with the more time that passes since my graduation from UW, but I just find this really hard to believe. I anticipate quite a few posts about my obsession with my alma mater and the different sports teams affiliated. Lately, I have been glued to the TV every time the men's basketball team is playing (hellooooo Nigel Hayes). Not only are they currently ranked #6 in the nation, but they are entering the B1G Tournament this weekend as the #1 seed and clear favorite. Oh, and they also basically swept the B1G regular season awards Monday night with awards in Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, and a couple other all-conference awards. I am SO excited to announce that I will be attending the championship game this weekend at the United Center in Chicago. If you're as interested in this weekend's tournement as I am (which is pretty unlikely, I admit) you can find out more information here. Stay tuned for an update on what is chalking up to be a fabulous girls weekend with my momma.

Picture gathered from Badgermbb Instagram account.

Three// Reconnecting with old friends

When I was growing up, my family was moving all the time because my dad was in the US Navy. Every 3 years or so we would pack up our lives and move on to the next adventure. It was always hard leaving friends but time proved that the real friends you acquired along the way were the ones that you still had 6months after a move. I had one friend when my dad was stationed in Groton, Connecticut that I instantly connected with. We met in 2nd grade and were basically inseparable until we both moved across the country (her to Hawaii and me to Michigan, totally not fair). After the move, we continued to stay in touch through letters and the occasional phone call. After a while there was less communication, but we were entering the era of social media. Although we didn't talk nearly as much, we also kept tabs on one another. Neither of us really ever forgot the other and it was clear that we still had so much in common, even after 10+ years of not seeing each other. We recently reconnected and are planning a trip to Boston this summer where we will reunite for the first time since 2004. I am so excited about this and can't wait to catch up with her. Friendship is an amazing treasure and is even more rare when you can continue a friendship over so many life milestones apart. Keep an eye out for a post all about this trip coming this summer!


Four// Nike Running App 

I have been motivated to start running again lately because of the beautiful spring weather we are experiencing. Just when I begin to think we are never going to see the end of winter, Mother Nature pleasantly surprises me. I have always wanted to run a half marathon, just to say my body was able to accomplish such a thing. I am hoping (pending I can actually keep up with this running thing) to run my first one by the end of this summer. This app is keeping me motivated by tracking my runs for me. It is incredibly simple to set up and use and it 100% free. You can tell it if you are running inside on a treadmill or outside and on what terrain. It tracks your distance, maps out your route, and even keeps track of your speed at all points during your run. You can set and track goals with customized plans for all experience levels to train for all sorts of distances. It also provides audio feedback during your run, a feature I personally like. You can find out more information about the app and its capabilities here. Overall, it is the best running app I have used and I can't wait to see where this running adventure takes me! Do you have any favorite workout apps that keep you going?

An actual screenshot from my phone.
I'm just getting started!

Five// Broccoli

I remember hating broccoli when I was a child. My mom recalls that I was convinced I was eating the trees of imaginary little people and I refused to eat them. Luckily, I got older and wiser and am not a broccoli-fanatic. I can eat several bunches in one sitting and not think twice about it. I have a killer recipe for roasted broccoli that also contributes to my latest obsession (keep an eye out for that soon). Tonight I had this roasted broccoli and brown rice bowl for dinner after my workout. It was exactly what I needed to feel rejuvenated and satisfy my hunger. I can't wait for it to continue to get warmer out so I can purchase these little trees of goodness at my local farmers market.



Happy hump day!




No comments:

Post a Comment